In just four years, the TikTok application continues to increase its popularity and has become the toy of all young people today. Among the new functionality this year, you have “Duet,” a function which, since its launch, has already recorded more than 11 million views on the platform. Do you also dream of making a duet with the people who have the most followers on TikTok? Or just appear in the same video as celebrities? In this article, we are going to blow you some tips to make a duet on TikTok.
How to make a duet on TikTok
Make a duet on TikTok
Previously, TikTok users already offered duet videos, but they were made via third-party applications. But now, to simplify the process and make it more accessible, everything you will need is found on the app itself. Follow the following steps to create a duet on TikTok.
- First, browse among the existing videos and select the one you want to duet with. Click on the “Share” icon and tap on “Duet” among the functionalities. Wait for the video to load.
- Second, tap the red icon to capture your video next to the original video. Then add the effects and stickers to embellish your video. You can very well refer to the other video or edit as you wish. The video will be synchronized and combined automatically.
- Finally, press “Next,” enter the descriptions, configure the confidentiality of the video, and publish your video by tapping “Publish.”
Tips for a successful duet on TikTok
- A successful duet is a video that has been viewed many times. So, to make your video go viral quickly, don’t forget to add tags to it and get TikTok comments and shares to make it viral.
- You can also share your video on other social networks like Instagram or Facebook to gain greater popularity.
- Add “Likes” and comments on other videos to develop your relationship on TikTok.
Why don’t I have the Duet function on other videos?
On some videos, you do not have the “Duet” function because the creator of the video prevented you from creating duets with him. Note that each user can define the parameter of their video concerning the Duet function: everyone, friends, Disabled. Besides, you can also proceed as such if you don’t want other people to make a duet with you or if you just want to restrict the people who can use your video. To prevent people from dueting with you, follow these steps:
- Open the application, then go to your account by clicking on the icon on the far right.
- At the top right, click on the three dots icon, then tap on “Settings.” Navigate through the options and select “Privacy Settings.”
- Press on “Who can make a duet with me” and check the option “Deactivate” to not allow anyone to make a duet with your video. If you choose the “Friends” option, only mutual followers can create a duet on TikTok.